Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blueberry crumb bar

Ok, I have a confession... This was the first time I have ever baked with Blueberries! After tasting these, I can tell you that I will for sure be using them again in the future!

Enjoy!

Ingredients

base and crumble:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup cold butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Filling:

  • Juice of one lemon
  • 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour)

Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan or baking dish.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, salt and baking powder. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Press half of dough into baking dish, firmly with hands.
In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Spread blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the top or blueberries.
Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

5 comments:

  1. This makes me SO hungry. For this. Sigh. When I am there you must make these for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love the heck out you. <3 LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the heck out of you too baby sis! And I will absolutly make you anything you want when you are here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good, I'll work on a menu and send it over. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these last night. VERY good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete