Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I have been very hesitant about posting a chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog. I mean, anyone can make a chocolate chip cookie... right? So I went on the hunt for the world's best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I mean if I am going to post a recipe for this universally loved cookie, it's gotta be something AMAZING! I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and adapted my recipe from that. The secret ingredient, instant vanilla pudding or vanilla custard powder, keeps them moist and gives them an extra kick of vanilla. The verdict's still out for me. Sure, they were good, but not sure if I would call them "World's best." However I was told by a few people when I took them in to work that they were the best they had ever had. You try them and be the judge!
ENJOY!

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Ingredients
· 2 1/4 cup flour
· 1 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 cups butter, softened
· 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/4 cup white sugar
· 1 package of vanilla pudding mix or 1/3 cup vanilla custard powder
· 2 eggs
· 1 tablespoons vanilla
· 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped (I like cadbury dairy milk bar and used 2 whole blocks)

Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C.)
Line baking trays with baking paper.
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In another bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar.
Mix in instant pudding or custard powder until blended.
Stir in eggs and vanilla.
Blend in flour and then chocolate chips.Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on to a baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins

1 comment: